[lpgma-board] Re: August Board Meeting Minutes of August 19,2015

  • From: <franner@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Terri Parker <azterriparker@xxxxxxxxx>, lpgma-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marie Renda <mamarenda@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 7:53:49 -0400

Kate,
Nice job.
Fran

I will call Marie and see when she is free to go to the bank.

---- Bill Kate Shumate <wkshu5071@xxxxxxx> wrote:

The Board held their meeting at 10 AM in the stained glass room. Board
members present were Kate Shumate, Ken Sime, Sue Sime, and Fran Williams.
Absent were Tom Belsan, Terri Parker, and Edythe Nedd.

Guests: Marie Renda and Rose Scott, Manager

First order of business was the resignation of Treasurer, Fran Williams. She
introduced Marie Renda and nominated her to be the new Treasurer. All board
members present second the motion. Fran will work with Marie to get her
familiar with the position. She will also call the bank to make sure we get
the proper forms signed to update the signature card at the bank.

Kate passed out schedules to everyone on the dates of the general meetings &
the board meetings through 2016.

We discussed the lack of interest of residence to serve or help on the board.
We don't know how to get new members, people we have approached say don't
want the responsibility or just not interested.

A discussion was held on the rules being broken by residents & management
with no consequences. Not much the Board can do about it.

Fran asked about the contracts on home sales (how long)? We would ask Rose.

Kate said she would like for Kerin to speak at our November meeting regarding
lot leases and how rents are figured for different homes & lots. Kate will
call her and see if she will be available. We should have a good crowd since
a lot of the snowbirds will be back. In December we will have our annual
party. In January Ken Sime could invite the police to give a presentation.

Sue Sime said she had plenty of money from ticket sales for the Sept.
meeting. She will buy cookies, but most prizes are donations from merchants.

We will need to set up a schedule next month for selling tickets & getting
memberships for 2015-2016. Rose has volunteered to make the pamphlets, she
just needs the changes to officers. Amee has volunteered to make the party
tickets. Kate said we should give out the small membership cards with dates
on the back for the meetings. We will discuss it in September.

Discussed getting a recorder when we have no secretary for meetings. All was
in favor of purchasing one before the September meeting.

Rose attended meeting and was asked about the Carnival. Board members had
received complaints from people who were concerned about the amount of
walking and seating arrangements. Rose explained their would be plenty of
places to sit and their would be games, food, and drink inside & outside.
Rose was asked about Sales contracts and having someone from outside the park
sell your home. She explained you sign a contract for 30,60, or 6 months
with the office. An outside real estate agent has to have a different
license for homes & land. They have to come to the office first and show
proof they are eligible to sell homes in the park.

The meeting adjourned at 11:30 AM.
Respectfully submitted,
Kate Shumate, President