[lowcostcomputing] Migrating the list

  • From: Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <sankarshan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LowCostComputing <lowcostcomputing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 19:38:16 +0530

Hi,

For sometime now I have been thinking about migrating the
LowCostComputing List to a Mailman based system. Besides the immediate
benefit of friendly UI, Mailman offers admins lesser hassles in list
maintenance. This has been a personal experience with the lists
FLOSSToday and GNOME-India (which I jointly administer).

Currently we do have a case for migration to the domain
www.randomink.org which does provide the facility. Caveat - RandomInk is
a space that has myself as a member and thus I do have an interest in
moving LowCostComputing there.

We'd be initiating the migration and subscribing the existing members
with their preferred mail settings.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Warm regards
Sankarshan

--
Share views about Low Cost Computing at

Subscribe to the list by sending email to
lowcostcomputing-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with 'subscribe' in the Subject field