[loulug] "loading linux kernel" problem

  • From: "F. Kennedy Horton" <fkhorton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: loulug <loulug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 02:10:04 +0800

I've gotten my computer to boot the cdrom up first (went into the BIOS), but now have another problem. The Ubuntu 7.10 start screen comes up and I click on "Start or Install Ubuntu" and a box comes up that says "Loading Linux Kernel" and a progress bar slowly (takes about 20min) goes to 100%. At that point the bar stays at 100% for another 20min or so, then starts over again and does the exact same thing. This keeps going on, i've waited for about 1.5-2 hours for something to change but it keeps this cycle up. Has anyone ever had this problem before?

kennedy