[loulug] Re: VirtualBox Open source VM

  • From: droops <droops@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: loulug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 14:12:50 -0500

qemu is very slow, for my live cd development, i use vmware, i wanted
to try virtualbox, but my main box is 64bit.

qemu  can be made to go faster by installing kqemu, but its not much better.

someone that is comming to the meeting should install vmware,
virtualbox and qemu and we can see which one boots a live cd the
fastest.

droops

On 4/25/07, Errol Sayre <errol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
No, according to their website neither the host nor the guest can be
64 bit. However, in the future the 64bit version will run 64bit
guests on 64bit hosts.