[loulug] Compiz Fusion

  • From: Tobin Maginnis <ptm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: loulug freelist <loulug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:55:55 -0500

I don't know if I sent this YouTube demo out to the list before, but I have been showing in my classes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ImW0-MgR8I

I download and ran the install scripts on the podium computer in room 235, but no luck.

If anyone has got this to run, please share your install steps with us...

I think compfiz would make a great FOSS demo for the install fest, the circle recruitment, and this from Conrad...

NASA will have their Space Exploration trailer here on Thursday and Friday, 20-21 September, just before the Florida football game on campus. (It will be here on that Saturday if the Loyalty Foundation, which apparently "owns" campus on home football game days, gives it permission. tenacious Maxine is working that one.) Various groups, such as public school classes, will be touring. (I think NASA lets in 12 people every 5 minutes.)

The Engineering departments are asked to supply some kind of interesting demos for the visitors during the periods of the NASA staff breaks: 12:00-1:00 both days and 4:00-5:00 on Thursday.

This is a promote-engineering-and-science event.

Do you have anything that would be an interesting demo for the kids and other visitors?

Conrad