[louisianaleps] Re: Zebra

  • From: "Vernon Antoine Brou Jr." <vabrou@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <MuthD@xxxxxxx>, <louisianaleps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <kc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <davepatton122@xxxxxxxxx>, <jftrahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <rseidler104@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 14:38:02 -0500

My 51+ Louisiana captured specimens of Heliconius charitonius tuckeri (C. & B.)
were captured mostly on the Westbank Expressway  near Marrero, at the location
that is now a Home Depot.  I found lots of adults there along with A. vanillae
nigrior, but larvae of nigrior only on Passiflora incarnata and I remember at
least one white larvae of Heliconius charitonius tuckeri (C. & B.) only on P.
lutea which also was growing there. I also captured at least two adults of
tuckeri here on my place above Abita Springs, one of which was captured in one
of my light traps.  Here is an old image of a spread specimen from my series.

Heliconius charitonius tuckeri (C. & B.).jpg

Best Wishes,

Vernon

DSCF0275Charlotte weblarge

Vernon Antoine Brou Jr. & Charlotte D. Brou

Abita Entomological Study Site (The most intensely studied entomological
location in North America)

74320 Jack Loyd Road

Abita Springs, Louisiana 70420 USA

Vernon’s cell # 985-264-5381

Charlotte’s cell # 985-630-xxxx

Home/Office 985-892-xxxx

vabrou@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   primary E-mail

http://www.lsuinsects.org/people/vernonbrou/index.html

 <http://independent.academia.edu/VernonAntoineBrouJr>
http://independent.academia.edu/VernonAntoineBrouJr

https://www.facebook.com/Eudocima/photos?collection_token=100003262452539%3A2305272732%3A5

<https://www.facebook.com/Eudocima/photos?collection_token=100003262452539%3A2305272732%3A5%20%20>

https://www.facebook.com/Eudocima?ref=tn_tnmn

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48007634@N02/

http://southernlepsoc.org/

http://mothphotographersgroup.msstate.edu/contrib.php?plate=1
<http://mothphotographersgroup.msstate.edu/contrib.php?plate=1&init=VB&sort=h>
&init=VB&sort=h

http://biodiversitycollectionsindex.org/search/goto/page/0/index/4/id/34556?search=louisiana+insects

Lepidopterists Society member since 1968

Research Associate, Florida State Collection of Arthropods since 1972

Southern Lepidopterists Society charter member since 1978

Entomological Society of Washington member since 1985

Research Associate, McGuire Center for Lepidoptera and Biodiversity,

     Florida Museum of Natural History since 2010

        2014-La Lep Survey

From: David Muth <MuthD@xxxxxxx>