[louisianaleps] White Peacock saga winding down?

  • From: David Muth <MuthD@xxxxxxx>
  • To: LA Leps <louisianaleps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 18:21:23 -0500

Today at Bayou Sauvage NWR I surveyed the post-freeze damage. It looks like
frost had turned at least 80% of the Water Hyssop (Bacopa) into mush. I did
manage to find three flying White Peacocks on a bright sunny near calm day,
with temps warming into the 60s.

Here is the list (take it with a grain of salt-definitely a novice):

Nov. 30, 2013 Bayou Sauvage NWR, New Orleans 3 hours

2 Little Yellows,

1 Cloudless Sulphur,

20 Gulf Fritallary,

1 Phaon Crescent,