[louisianaleps] Vermilion Parish, 11/15/13

  • From: Dave Patton <davepatton122@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LA Leps <louisianaleps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Marks, Craig" <cwmaplc@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 20:54:11 -0600

I have been thinking about a road near Gueydan that is bordered by a nice
long thicket full of Lantana. The warm day and sunshine tempted me enough
to go check it out. Butterflies were pretty good and there was one species
I could not figure out. Stayed high with dark orange coloring. They would
come whirling out for a while and always settle back in the thicket up
high, never in view.

Dave Patton
Lafayette

Vermilion Parish, 1 mile east of Gueydan. 70 degrees, NE 5-10mph, mostly
sun.
11:00 - 12:45

1  Great Southern White
19  Sleepy Orange