[louisianaleps] Re: Creole Pearly-eyes, Tickfaw State Park

  • From: "cwmaplc" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "cwmaplc@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: davepatton122@xxxxxxxxx, LA Leps <louisianaleps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 20:24:39 -0600

Hey Dave,

   Good pics. On the Creole males, the forewing shape is distinctive. Not quite
falcated but close. Look at the antennae clubs. On the Creoles, the tip of the
clubs are black, not completely orange. Also, the way the ventral forewing
spots are encircled is different. And, as you noted, all Creoles I have seen
have 5 eyespots.

Craig M

Sent from Samsung tablet