[louisianaleps] Acadiana Nature Park, Friday afternoon

  • From: Dave Patton <davepatton122@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LA Leps <louisianaleps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 22:11:10 -0500

All,
My son Kyle, called today to see if I wanted to hike a trail at the Acad
Nature Park this afternoon. I could not pass up an invitation like that. We
walked the pipe line trail and a new one that follows the  bayou. There was
full sun and warm temps. It was excellent for butterflies. Several
surprises, but the best was a Texan Crescent. I only saw one, but I will
certainly be looking for more. My other was what I think was a Little
Wood-Satyr. I did not realize what it was until looking in a book after
getting home. It was larger than the Carolina Satyr and four prominent
spots. I was thinking maybe a sex difference between Carolina Satyrs until
seeing the field guide. I need to go back and look again. The guide shows
them here at this time, but I will hold off on listing them until I am
sure. I also saw two grass skippers, but they were gone before I could get
a good look. List from today:

Acadiana Nature Park, Lafayette
March 21, 2014

1  E Tiger Swallowtail