[Louisiana Cemeteries] Re: What other questions should be addressed with the relocation of nine cemeteries?

  • From: Louisiana Cemeteries <louisianacemeteries@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Post RootsWeb <la-cemetery-preservation@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, louisianacemeteries@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 09:28:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

Thank you for your questions about the 9 cemeteries involved in the Washington
Parish reservior construction.

The
list of cemeteries is posted on the wikispace and is originally from
the Bogalusa Bulletin Board discussions concerning the Reservior AND
from The Daily News article published on April 11, 2008 by John Walker.

You can read a copy of the article yourself at the wiki at this URL
http://louisianacemeteries.wikispaces.com/message/view/home/3698839.

Louisiana Cemetery Preservation Wiki and Blog
http://louisianacemeteries.wikispaces.com

If
you know of anyone who would like to become a member of the wiki or the
blog, please email louisianacemeteries@xxxxxxxxx before July 24, 2008.
The wiki-master will not be available to after July 24, 2008 for an
indetermined amount of time.  You may also request membership from the
wiki home page.  The home page has a discussion tab to the right where
all discussions about Louisiana Cemeteries are posted.
A simple Google "Louisiana aquifer USGS" will yeild appropriate documentation
from 2002 of this issue.

Planning
NOW for the RELOCATION of the nine-cemeteries in question is IMPERATIVE
to the preservation of local history.  This is going to require the
community to become actively involved in efforts.  More information can
be found on the volunteer page at the Louisiana Cemetery Preservation
wiki.

http://louisianacemeteries.wikispaces.com/Volunteer

Sincerely,

Louisiana Genealogy Blogs