Walking on Thursday 9th December

  • From: "joncowley" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> ("joncowley")
  • To: Walking Group <lotsw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 12:44:36 +0000 (GMT)

Hi All,

I write this as the sleet piles down and the temperatures drop outside our window!

However it seems, at the moment, as if it will be dry on Thursday, if not much warmer.

Meet at Grindleford Station Cafe (the parking is free there - the machines don't work, and the app's unreliable).

Walk up, via Lawrencefield, Surprise View and Millstone Edge to Over Owler Tor. (This will inevitably include some reference to "climbs I have done".) Then across to Winyards Nick and and past Toad's Mouth before descending down Padley Gorge down to Grindleford Cafe.

As a warm up for the Christmas dinner a week later, and in line with tradition, plates of chips with red sauce will be permitted.

This a 4.5 mile walk with 800' of ascent (significantly less on both counts than last Thursday's excellent walk from Oughtibridge). All on footpaths, one or two of which might be a little rocky.

Ring/message me (0773 9878589) or email if you have any queries.

All the best,

Jon