[londonlaw-users] server updates

  • From: Paul Pelzl <pelzlpj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: londonlaw-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 03:35:10 -0400

If anyone out there is really annoyed by the fact that stale games never
disappear from the server, you may want to try out
londonlaw--main--0.3--patch-58 from the development archive.  Create a
file $HOME/.londonlaw/server/config that contains the following:

[server]
game_expiration: 240

'240' is the number of hours that a game should be allowed to stay open;
set it to any integer.  Games are never deleted as long as at least one
player is connected and waiting to continue.

Note that I recently bumped the protocol version, so if you want to run
this server then your gaming partners will have to update their clients
as well.

In the next few days I expect to complete an administrator tool that can
handle manual game deletion, user editing, etc.  If anyone has any
special features they want to see in the admin tool, this would be a
good time to mention them.

Paul