[londonlaw-users] my archive

  • From: Conor Davis <conor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: London Law Users <londonlaw-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 01:55:21 -0600

Here is a temporary URL for my archive:
http://wakka.dyndns.org:8080/~conor/arch/2005

The project/branch is londonlaw--twisted. It is based off of
londonlaw--wx25 from Paul's archive.

My server design is based off of IMAP4Server from
twisted.protocols.imap. So much so that it should have the original's
copyright, with the new stuff moved to a different file.

Here is an overview:

   * To make it easy on telnet users, tags are optional. Specifically,
     if no tag is given, a blank tag "" is added to the command.
   * It parses commands using the shlex.split function from the
     standard library.
   * Currently all commands have a rigid syntax, i.e. each command has
     a fixed number of required arguments. This can pose a problem when
     dealing with optional passwords/multi-moves/messaging to specific
     players. I think if we want to get more flexible, then we should
     look into the pyparsing module rather than rolling our own parser.
   * It is based on the one server per process model. Personally, I
     feel that this is acceptable, because one game can't interfere
     with another game if things break. I definitely think that the
     master server functionality (find games, user accounts, etc.)
     should be moved to a different package (londonlaw.master) that
     runs in a different process.

-Conor

--
Conor Davis