[londonlaw-users] Re: London Law first impression

  • From: Paul Pelzl <pelzlpj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: londonlaw-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 16:50:14 -0400

On Sat, May 21, 2005 at 03:15:18AM -0700, Corey Burger wrote:

> > > I wouldn't show the moves that haven't happened yet. Just show the latest
> > > move.
> >
> > So... you don't really want a counter, you want a short "move history"
> > buffer, yes?  I had been thinking about blitting the last few moves up
> > in the corner of the map.  Maybe that would be close to what you're
> > looking for.
> >

> For the move history, I just don't want to see moves that haven't
> happened yet. A little counter at the bottom can tell me what turn I
> am on.

Oh, you're talking specifically about Mr. X's move history?  What I like
about showing the entire history is that it gives the player visual cues
about (1) the turns on which Mr. X will surface and (2) how many turns
are left in the game.  I don't think that information could be
adequately conveyed by, for example, text labels.

But maybe it's just me.  Anyone else have an opinion on this?

> At the begining of the game, the question mark is on Mr. X. That is a
> perfectly reasonable part of the graphic, as you don't know who he is.
> You don't realize, and I didn't that it actually denotes who is
> playing right now.
>
> There are 2 visual options I had thought of:
> 1. An arrow about the current player
> 2. A box around the current player
> (both of these on the lower panel)

OK, I see your point.  Something like a box or arrow would probably work
better.

Paul