[londonlaw-users] Re: Difficulty Starting the Server

  • From: Paul Pelzl <pelzlpj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: londonlaw-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 14:22:45 -0500

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 09:31:51AM -0500, Gary Cook wrote:
>    class IGameListener(components.Interface):
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Interface'
>
> I've tried this on Linux (Fedora Core) and on WinXP.  And I get the same
> error message.  Looking at the code (but not really understanding it:)) it
> looks like I have an incomplete or incompatible version of Twisted.  I'm
> using version 2.5.

I think your diagnosis is correct.  The Twisted 2.5.0 release notes say
"Various deprecated things in twisted.python.components were removed:
Interface, MetaInterface, getAdapterClass, and getAdapterClassWithInheritance".

I'll try to find some time to fix this.  In the meantime, I expect that
any earlier release of Twisted will work.

It might be time to consider packaging portions of Twisted along with
London Law... I'm not really fond of putting out maintenance releases
every time they decide to deprecate an API.

Paul