[lompoc_tv] Re: Lompoc PEG TV ASAP = = > a Note.

  • From: "B.J. WAGENER" <bjwagener@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: quivive75@xxxxxxxxxxx, a_wynne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,dpierce@xxxxxxxxxxx, drdraw@xxxxxxxxxxx, hurray4hemp@xxxxxxx,samhefley@xxxxxxxx, deanne.carr@xxxxxxxxxxx, ghillinger@xxxxxxxxxxx,10630@xxxxxxxx, howard@xxxxxxx, jkeller2002@xxxxxxx,thefreakoutshow@xxxxxxxxxxx, howerton62@xxxxxxx, karinpowers@xxxxxxx,cmgaumer@xxxxxxxxx, YNTV2000@xxxxxxxxx, trasklee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,lompoc_tv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, mestasmanny@xxxxxxxxxxx, walmart@xxxxxxxxxx,m_collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ray_harper@xxxxxxx,director@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, slee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, tcasidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,quivive@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 17:08:25 +0000

All,

         Tim Ness, Santa Maria City Manager/ and also illegal City Clerk [by
dubious appointment], has hired Mr. Vande Kamp to produce more "Government"
Access programing.  He is a former News Press employee and will be paid out
of PEG funds.  He has never worked here before in PEG.

      Wm "B.J." Wagener

May Peace and Capitalism Prevail.  ----Original Message Follows----
From: "Walt Taylor" <quivive75@xxxxxxxxxxx> To: a_wynne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
dpierce@xxxxxxxxxxx, drdraw@xxxxxxxxxxx, hurray4hemp@xxxxxxx,
samhefley@xxxxxxxx, deanne.carr@xxxxxxxxxxx, ghillinger@xxxxxxxxxxx,
10630@xxxxxxxx, howard@xxxxxxx, jkeller2002@xxxxxxx,
thefreakoutshow@xxxxxxxxxxx, howerton62@xxxxxxx, karinpowers@xxxxxxx,
cmgaumer@xxxxxxxxx, YNTV2000@xxxxxxxxx, trasklee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
lompoc_tv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, mestasmanny@xxxxxxxxxxx, walmart@xxxxxxxxxx,
m_collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ray_harper@xxxxxxx, director@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
slee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, tcasidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, quivive@xxxxxxxxx,
bjwagener@xxxxxxxxxxx CC: quivive64@xxxxxxxxx Subject: Lompoc PEG TV ASAP
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 08:06:56 -0700

available.[1]

--- Links ---
   1 http://g.msn.com/8HMBENUS/2737??PS=

From: "Walt Taylor" <quivive75@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: a_wynne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, dpierce@xxxxxxxxxxx, drdraw@xxxxxxxxxxx,
Cc: quivive64@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Lompoc PEG TV ASAP
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 08:06:56 -0700
<P align=center class=MsoNormal style="TEXT-ALIGN: center"><B
style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 20pt">ATTN: PUBLIC
ACCESS, EDUCATION PRODUCERS &amp; VOLUNTEERS</SPAN></B></P>
<P align=left class=MsoNormal>Several Public Access, Education Producers and
Volunteers have surmised that an organizational meeting<SPAN
style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>of all PEG Access users should occur
prior to the April 6, 2004 Lompoc City Council meeting.</P>
<P class=MsoNormal>&nbsp;The purpose of this meeting would be to formulate
comments &amp; discussion points to bring before the Council with the objective
of placing the operation of and the issues related to the Lompoc PEG facility
as a reoccurring City Council agenda item.</P>
<P class=MsoNormal>&nbsp;All people interested in attending this meeting,
please bring all copies of the historical documents that you may have
including, but not limited to Comcast Franchise Contract, Cable Committee
agendas or minutes, Memorandums Of Understanding, amendments, exhibits, and
documents. </P>
<P class=MsoNormal>&nbsp;Please also bring with you any previous Lompoc or
Santa Maria City Council meeting agendas, exhibits, and/or prerecorded
videotaped meeting sessions or Lompoc or Santa Maria newspaper articles.</P>
<P class=MsoNormal>&nbsp;Many PEG Users have questions regarding and would like
to see a public historical and current-to-date written accounting of the
financial transactions between Comcast, and representatives of the Cities of
Lompoc and Santa Maria and what has been spent so far.</P>
<P class=MsoNormal>Many PEG Users believe that now is the time to vigorously
safeguard our public broadcasting facility by pursuing our efforts to find out
our cities? future plans for Public Access television.<SPAN
style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal>Though the creation of the ?LOMPOC PEG ACCESS BOARD OF
DIRECTORS? all PEG Users can work together so that we can understand this newly
evolving entity that is Lompoc Public Access TV and its relationship with the
previously established Lompoc &amp; Santa Maria PEG Representatives and the PEG
Executive Director.</P>
<P class=MsoNormal>&nbsp;All of us desire to make this evolutionary process a
continuing success. </P>
<P class=MsoNormal>&nbsp;It is vital that we, as the PEG Users are able to
advise City Council, the Lompoc City Administrator, and the PEG Executive
Director regarding efficient and equitable dispersal of the PEG initial capital
grant money and future funding.</P>
<P class=MsoNormal>The PEG Users want to propose to the Lompoc City Council on
April 6, 2004 that Council and city staff recognize and charter the LOMPOC<SPAN
style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>PEG ACCESS BOARD OF DIRECTORS
(L.P.A.B.D.) as ?at large? community representatives-tasked with advising
Council and administrators regarding public access, funding, and production
issues associated with Lompoc?s PEG facility.</P>
<P class=MsoNormal>In addition, PEG Users want to propose to the Lompoc City
Council that they appointment nine ?at large? board of directors to represent
the separate entities that are public access, educational access and local city
government access, to advise the City Council, City Administrator, and the PEG
Executive Director about our issues by voicing our suggestions, concerns, and
objections, in a meaningful, constructive manner.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun:
yes">&nbsp; </SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal>We owe it to ourselves to do all we can, to maintain the
high quality of programming we have all come to expect and enjoy. </P>
<P class=MsoNormal><STRONG>Please come to this impromptu meeting at 3 PM Sunday
April 4, 2004 at the Comcast Public Access Studio entrance on "G" Street (push
button rt. side Stage Entrance alcove) to discuss the formation and objectives
of the L.P.A.B.D. </STRONG></P>
<P class=MsoNormal>The Studio telephone number is 735-4629.</P>
<P class=MsoNormal>We know that this is very short notice and expect this
continuing process to move forward into Monday April 5<SUP>th</SUP>, Tuesday
April 6th and beyond, with the intention of holding our innitial organizational
meetings without direction from the Executive Director or city appointed PEG
Representatives, with a prospective meeting on Friday April 9th at 7:30
PM.</P></DIV></div></html>

   Lompoc public access producers group
   Post to:  Lompoc_TV@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
   Admin:    deanne.carr@xxxxxxxxxxx (un/subscribe)