[lit-ideas] you decide

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 17:47:35 -0500

Calling all philosophers and philanderers and fishing buddies and all  those
who are full of opinions if not facts.  I read this quote recently:
"Story-telling is the best protection we have against forgetting the
spiritual interior of our lives." (Barry Lopez).

What I want to know from you higher intellects is whether you think this
statement (as it stands) has any merit in truthiness or is it (lacking
any further elaboration or supportive propositions or historical evidence)
just a pledge of alliegance?  I suspect the latter though I support the
former in a kind of prima facie kind of thingie.  I'm glad I'm not really
smart.  I'd doubt I could stand up to doubting everything about myself,
though, no doubt, I should.

Mike Geary
without doubt still in Memphis