[lit-ideas] Re: why can't the english (professors) learn how to speak?

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 00:19:24 -0800

Ursula wrote

Hey Opa Walter, I'm in my sixties (grump #1) and am just now (in 8 or 9
days or so) going to be called Oma for the first time (grump #2 is that
it took so long...).

I had my first plane ride when I was ten. Northwest Airlines DC-3, Spokane to Portland, with a stop in Yakima WA. It was in September, and in December of that year, the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor.

Heard the news on the radio, in real time.

Don't jest with me, Walter. If a young woman offered me her seat, well...who knows what might happen.

God bless philosophy professors. I think Abraham Lincoln said that.

Robert Paul