[lit-ideas] Re: when "no comment" is not enough

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 20:13:26 -0500

Because this list is called lit-ideas.  I think figuring out why people do
what they do is a fair topic for exploration.  If you think people all know
why they do what they do, that's fine.  That would imply as motivation for
behavior that people enjoy war, enjoy violence, enjoy torment, enjoy blood
and gore and intentionally seek it out given how history plays itself out
over and over the same way.  How else do you explain the 20th century and
21st century?