[lit-ideas] Re: what a letdown

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 21:32:09 -0500

I was sure that there was no Deep Throat, that Woodward and Bernstein had
made the whole thing up, that Hunt, Liddy, Baker, McCord, Diego, Sturgis,
Martinez and Gonzalez were actually breaking into the Watergate on a panty
raid -- boys will be boys, you know -- and were unjustly fingered by W&B as
burglars to lend credence to their story.  W&B had to keep making stuff up
to hide their initial fake report.  They had no idea it would lead to the
downfall of the President.  Thank God Nixon resigned, else W&B would today
be writing porno scripts.  That's what I thought was the case.  Apparently
not.

Mike Geary
disassembled
in Memphis