[lit-ideas] voter turn-out

  • From: JulieReneB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 23:06:34 EDT

Local news tonight reported that indications are that voter turnout for
local elections (Senate, Gov., etc.) will be up by 12% from last year.   They
predict a very high turnout of 37%, up from 25% turnout in 2000.

This shocked me.  I had absolutely no idea that voter turn-out was so
incredibely low.  Is this just the apathy of Missouri? Do any of you have  any
idea
what percentage of voters go to the polls for local elections in you  area??

Julie Krueger