[lit-ideas] Re: virtue-practical example of being taught

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 23:29:19 +0000 (GMT)

--- Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> With my quite extensive exposure to a certain Asian
> population, I'm QUITE
> sure that they never say 'excuse me' or even
> consider it "rude" to bump
> into people, even sometimes elbow them out of the
> way, in crowded places.

I don't find that.  1.  the local Asians don't elbow
people out of the way, 2. they don't fail to take part
in the usual "after you" stuff, 3. they tend to return
a smile/greeting.  Some older Asian Muslims are
withdrawn, but they don't shove people out of the way.

Judy Evans, Cardiff

NEW Yahoo! Cars - sell your car and browse thousands of new and used cars
online! http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/