[lit-ideas] Re: vicious budget cuts

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 04:34:22 EST

Hey, I just spent a whopping $180 today on an antibiotic for strep  throat.
That cut significantly into my grocery money for the month.   I'm not
retirement age.  Just have inadequate income.  My husband has  been declared
uninsurable because of his bypass surgery a few years ago (which  his Blue
Cross
pre-approved and then later said was because of a "pre-exiting  condition").
My
daughter who has had surgery for ASD (''hole in the heart)  no longer qualifies
for Medicaid because the operation "fixed" it.  Never  mind the years of
maintenance stuff -- periodic expensive ultrasounds, eventual  replacement of a
stent in her left pulmonary artery (stenosis), because she  grows and plaque
builds up.  These procedures cost in the thousands of  dollars.   She also is
not
eligible for insurance because of her  health history.  As I told someone
earlier today, American health care is  evil.

Julie Krueger
grabbing more tylenol

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] vicious budget cuts
Date: 1/30/06 2:52:04 AM Central Standard Time  From: _carolkir@xxxxxxxxx
(mailto:carolkir@xxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/30/politics/30budget.html?_r=1&th&emc=th

Above  the recent cuts in drug coverage for people with disabilities,
Republicans  plan to reduce spending by decreasing poor people's access to
healthcare and  nursing homes. Will the Dems do anything to stop this? Not
according to the  NYT. Infuriating, sickening, nauseating, terrible, etc.

Carol,
seeing  clients for  free