[lit-ideas] Re: used books?

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 15:03:08 -0400

Sheesh. I wish I had time to read. Ursula
writing a test for straight thinking and argument...actually, it's not called that any more...the gender studies people didn't like the 'straight' thinking...convinced someone to change it...not my decision...

Paul Stone wrote:

At 02:25 PM 4/11/2006, you wrote:

So what're you reading, Paul?

For pulpy enjoyment, I just finished "Twisted" by Kellerman (the man half) and while it wasn't as bad as "therapy" it wasn't great. I started Baldacci's "Split Second" last night and the best part about it is that the chapters are only 5 pages, so I can read a chapter while waiting for commercials or while cooking toast etc. and not lose the train.

I'm intending to read "A Sunday by the Pool in Kigali" by Gil Courtemanche,

I've got my nose into Dowd's "Are men necessary" with a sorbet of Bill Maher's "New Rules"

I've been sampling from a book of Noam Chomsky lectures,

I'm tearing through the second book by {THAT FRAUD - he said rolling eyes sarcastically} James Frey "My Friend Leonard"

I also started "How We are Hungry" by Dave Eggers, but haven't had much time for that one lately

Still working through the second half of Penrose's "Road to Reality" but I think I'll read that "on some Sunday Afternoons by the pool in Leamington" in the summer.

I know there are some I'm forgetting [not at home right now]