[lit-ideas] Re: used books?

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:11:42 -0400

Kathe Kollwitz is one of my favourite artists. I've been to the collection behind a bank in Cologne and am hoping to get to the one in Berlin in August. I have one of her prints on my dining room wall.

Eric Yost wrote:

I'm about halfway through Vollmann's _Europe Central_, and I can see why it won the National Book Award. It's the first of V's books that I can recommend without some qualification. There's a long early section on Kathe Kollwitz.