[lit-ideas] Re: ubiquity

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 10:06:12 +0000 (GMT)

 --- JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx wrote:
> On the local news, said by a fire chief, regarding a new fire house:
> "We're
> five miles from everywhere, so we should be able to get there in 3  minutes
>
> if everything works right."
>
> I really have nothing to add.  But a good deconstructionist could do
> something with that.  Or a good Popperian.

It's more or less fine if taken to mean "We're within 5 miles of everywhere
within our remit and so should be able to service any area within that remit
within a 3 minute travel time - if everything works right."

Put that way, we see the greater economy and beauty of Fire Chiefese.

Donal
Popperians For Fire Chiefs
London

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com