[lit-ideas] Re: tv screens

  • From: "josey" <wells001@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 04:29:31 -0700

      a friend  reciently, purchased a used 45" Mitsubishi, rear projection,
1995 model, From the classified ads . While the Television works great as it
were, it did not come with a remote. So I went out to Mitsubishi's sight and
could not find any information on that Television. In Fact they only had
doucmentation until 2000. I called their tech support and the gentle Lady
was very helpful, until the remote control issue came up. It seems that with
out original remote there is not much adjustments one can make. We did Find
a substitute remote that will do the basic functions, but to align the red,
blue, green guns can not be done.
  I guess, if you do purchase a used Big Screen television  make sure it has
the original remote control unit or , like in the HD's /Plasma's you won't
be able to align the projectors. I was Told by Tech support that the
Projectors should be re-aligned when ever the Television is moved.

   Joseph Wells

 "Teemu Pyyluoma" <teme17@xxxxxxxxx>