[lit-ideas] Re: truth-seeking

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 16:58:56 +0000 (GMT)

I am not sure, David. I will ponder.  I can't see that clear a pattern in my
failed relationships, not in these terms, anyway.  (I realise that isn't what
you're asking.) A man did telI me I was something of a Cordelia -- a different
kind of attachment to 'the truth' -- but for various reasons, we were not in a
relationship.
I do think probably women, generally speaking,  are more committed to social
cohesion.  Less committed to 'the truth', therefore? I don't know, and all my
reading on women, men, and difference, and my relating that to the people I've
known, does not tell me.  Carol Gilligan might say we pursue a different truth,
pursue truth, differently?

But I do need to think a bit before saying more.

Judy Evans, Cardiff