[lit-ideas] Re: trading dogs...

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:33:05 -0500

Thanks for the dog photos and stories.

One of my favorite breeds is the Brazilian Fila (i.e., Fila Brasileiro). These dogs were originally bred to track and capture escaping slaves. Despite their terrible ancestry, the Fila is an ideal watch dog, and breeders are attempting to make it less aggressive. It will instinctively defend its master without hesitation or any previous training, and if left to its own devices will hunt and kill large game. If I ever get a place in the country, I'd want one of these mastiffs.

Photo at

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/filabrasileiro.htm