[lit-ideas] tlp

  • From: "Adriano Palma" <Palma@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 05:28:52 +0200

** Low Priority **
** Reply Requested by 4/26/2012 (Thursday) **

an answer was given to you already- stop this "islamic" pointing since
it goes nowhere
>>> Thomas Hart <tehart@xxxxxxx> 25/04/2012 02:27 AM >>>
Actually I'm holding out for someone to explain the first chapter of
the Tractatus. The first sentence seems clear enough. Possibly even the
second. But I'm lost by the time I reach the end of the chapter. What on
earth does this all mean:

1 The world is all that is the case.
1.1 The world is the totality of facts, not of things.
1.11 The world is determined by the facts, and by their being all the
facts.
1.12 For the totality of facts determines what is the case, and also
whatever is not the case.
1.13 The facts in logical space are the world.
1.2 The world divides into facts.
1.21 Each item can be the case or not the case while everything else
remains the same.

To start off, WTH is the case? Is he talking beer, whiskey or rye
(drunk by good ol' boys at the levee), absinthe, or what?

"All women are created equal.
Then some become Marines"

Katy Perry video for "Part of me"

Thomas Hart
tehart@xxxxxxx

On Apr 24, 2012, at 4:08 PM, Lawrence Helm wrote:

Omar,

No, no.  I’m much mellower now that I’m spending so much time
photographing dogs & mountains & such.  Besides, I don’t want to chase
off Tom Hart who can no longer abide political arguments.
Lawrence, the sound of one hand laughing