[lit-ideas] the why's of syntax

  • From: "Julie Krueger" <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 10:47:25 -0600

What is it with republicans and tortured syntax?

Karl Rove (interview / Fox):  "It's pretty clear he's going to try and make
the argument that by putting Valerie Jarrett and Rahm Emanuel, and if need
be, others out there, to say, Look, if I was supposedly trying to sell this,
why is it that -- you know, that we had no conversations, you and I,
Blagojevich and Emanuel, you know, Blagojevich and Jarrett, that could be
construed as sort of a quid pro quo, I'll name somebody that you want in
return for you paying me off?"

I've got a headache just reading it.

Julie Krueger