[lit-ideas] the man from Stagira

  • From: "Adriano Palma" <Palma@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 12:03:47 +0200

** Low Priority **
** Reply Requested by 4/28/2012 (Saturday) **

google nothing
PHYSICS is perfectly readable

if you do not have a library mit has PHYSICS on line

http://classics.mit.edu/Aristotle/physics.4.iv.html

>>> John McCreery <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx> 28/04/2012 11:53 AM >>>
Google "Aristotle physics." One of many possible sources can be found here.  (
http://classics.mit.edu/Aristotle/physics.html )

John

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 6:14 PM, Julie Krueger <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

John,

I'm not familiar enough with Aristotle's works and it's been wayyyy too long
since I read him. Can you point me to a text where he talks about his concept
of motion?

Julie Krueger

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 3:46 AM, John McCreery <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

. Assuming that Artistotle's world is, physically speaking, the same one we
live in, how could he imagine that motion was a change of quality instead of a
displacement, a quantitative change, in an abstract, uniform, multidimensional
space.

--
John McCreery
The Word Works, Ltd., Yokohama, JAPAN