[lit-ideas] Re: the latest body count

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 08:42:04 -0400

They have to be the most violent country in the world.  I'll risk sounding
dramatic and say in the history of the world.  I can't think of a country
where there has been such unbridled ongoing violence and chaos.  Even the
newly minted drug capital of the world, Afghanistan, has some sort of Mafia
style order imposed on it by the war lords.  Historically even when
countries were invaded by barbarians, there were the invaders and the
invaded.  Now it's one huge free for all where no one knows which end is
up.  Using the word democracy in this context is a joke.  I admit I still
have not read the article.  Just going on facts.

Andy Amago