[lit-ideas] Re: the end of America

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 19:42:53 EST

Sauerkraut is evil.  You can tell (like you can tell that liver is  evil)
just by the smell.

Wondering how people come up with new food fair, I've always wondered who
the first brave soul to think a prickly artichoke might be edible was, and  how
desperate they actually were...

Julie Krueger
thinking a good artichoke w/ butter/lemon sauce & some nice large crab  legs
would be perfect about now.  Forget about sandwiches.

========Original Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: the end of America
 Date: 1/6/06 6:34:37 PM Central Standard Time  From: _andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "If the pastrami sandwich goes down the  drain, there's no hope for this
country at
> all."--Jackie  Mason

one of my favorite sandwiches is the Reuben. it's so amazing that  many
people don't know
about it, it has a really weird combination of stuff,  and it tastes great.

the Reuben Sandwich: pastrami on rye bread, with  Swiss cheese, sauerkraut,
and... Thousand
Island dressing.

Yep. salad  dressing on sauerkraut on swiss on pastrami on rye.

it sounds really  weird, but it tastes totally delicious.

i wonder who was the first to  come up with that, and how it spread to become
a standard
sandwich. there's  gotta be a story to it.

tomorrow, when you're in the deli for lunch, get  a  Reuben.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com