[lit-ideas] survival kit for the car

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 21:56:04 EDT

Hi,
In preparing the survival kit for the future (word here is that because of
the $$ going towards Katrina, the $$ set aside for other levee projects,
including one dealing with the Missouri River here on the border of Missouri
and
Kansas, may be chopped. So, we could, potentially, be a future victim of
Katrina, too. (I'm borrowing that from the article in today's KC Star which has

someone from the United Way talking about how the generous people of KC towards

Katrina victims may leave those in need of food, shelter, etc. in need this
winter...and she said that they were also going to be victims of Katrina. So I
 thought when I read that about the levees here [we have had, in the past,
some  major floods--think I'm far enough away but you never know.)

Besides, it is kind of an interesting exercise.

I'm up to what is most important, though. Books. One would *have* to have
books or other reading material in a survival kit, I think.

SO, what would put in your survival kit--literature-wise, anyway. (you can
mention other important items you deem especially critical for health and
well-being, of course)

Planning for the Future,
Marlena in Missouri