[lit-ideas] Re: stupid stupid stupid news

  • From: Erin Holder <erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 14:05:07 -0500

Excuse me?  Let it be noted, by the way, that I did not "fool" anyone.  I have
always been completely open about my age and academic status.  If people chose
not to pay attention (which is reasonable since, frankly, my age and academic
status are absolutely IRRELEVANT) that is not my problem.  In no way did I try
to intentionally deceive anyone.  Moreover, I can interact with whoever I so
choose.  If it's your opinion that age ought to dictate social interaction,
then I pity you because you're cutting yourself off from quite a hefty chunk
of the population.  But so be it, it's your life.  My good riddance speech to
Irene was meant to note that Mike is far too important to me, for me to risk
jeapordizing our friendship with any remark that I know would hurt him.  That,
and it was a criticism for her being unable to take a fucking joke.  No more,
no less.  I can't even conceive of how you could construe it otherwise.  Your
attitude, however, is absolutely, ABSOLUTELY appalling.  Moreover, I find it
disgusting.  That's all I have to say.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I have work
to do.  No, no it's NOT for a PhD, but give me time you fucking asshole.

Erin
Toronto

Erin