[lit-ideas] stumper bickers

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 01:54:08 -0500

Dixie: "God said it.  I believe it.  That settles it."
Some:  "God said it.  That settles it."
Mike:  "I believe it. That settles it."

Someone should make a bumper sticker that looks exactly like the exterior of the car one drives. If you're off by a couple inches in application, though, it would look weird.

Surely there must be a big anthropological literature on self-image advertising in bumper stickers. I am "this religion" or I am "this sports team" or I am "this politician" or I am "this joke employed to hide from seriousness." I've never known anyone who had a bumper sticker so I've never been able to ask people what they got out of it.