[lit-ideas] Re: speranza's affections

  • From: Adriano Palma <Palma@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 07:42:58 +0000

Grice is well know to be the name of an oxford famous joke (you achieve fame in
oxford by saying something idiotic to people who are 96 and drool on bad soup)
‘gee that was rice’ (they found there two grains of rice in some shit in a
large tureen), and Austin noted that it should be used as a performative a
‘grice’ for the naming of something vegetable in an otherwise shit soup