[lit-ideas] Re: speaking of libraries in the United States of Earth

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 23:45:50 +0100

Sunday, August 7, 2005, 9:25:02 PM, Andy Amago wrote:

AA> What I personally find annoying is when Hispanics who are here illegally
AA> get into a car accident and then sue the person they got into the accident
AA> with.  Or take a job with a false SS number or no SS number and sue for
AA> injuries they sustain.  Where do they get the nerve?  They're here
AA> illegally, driving without a license, working without permission, making
AA> demands.  They ignore the law, set themselves above it, then want
AA> protection from that very law.

that's one of the problems of civil rights: one of the men now
charged with conspiracy to murder called out to the police: "I have
rights".  You know something? He has rights.

AA>  Also, one of the reasons immigration is
AA> restricted by any country is to keep diseases out.  These immigrants just
AA> walk in, carrying their diseases with them.

We here began restricting immigration because a politician who'd
brought black people here to do jobs white people wouldn't do then
turned on them, spouted racist filth, whipped people up by lies.

(We, too, have immigrants who bring with them the illnesses of their
poverty-stricken countries and unfortunately, the poor housing they
receive here and increasing social inequality here exacerbates that.)

AA>  Sounds racist, doesn't it, to
AA> demand that people come into this country legally the way any other
AA> immigrants did and many still do.

Anti-immigration talk usually is racist, it isn't about white
immigrants who speak fluent English, whether they're in the US legally
or not.

--

                             mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx