[lit-ideas] Re: some Hitchens to raise ire

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:46:06 -0400

>EY: I dislike the Bush administration almost as much as Mike does, but I
> don't want to see immense chaos merely to validate my hate.

AA: Nobody does. That's just plain stupid.

Andy, you yourself have said repeatedly that people, and more specifically Americans, ARE stupid. LOTS of people want to see IRAQ turn into [even more of] a gigantic failure so that they can jump up and down and scream "see, SEEE!!!!" Come on, we're talking about Lefties and Righties -- archenemies. THEY LOVE when the other side slips and falls of their bicycle or chokes on a pretzel and gets a black eye. There are tens of millions of people who would LOVE to see Bush get another HUGE metaphorical black eye. It's the way they're wired. Don't you think there were millions of Republicans salivating over the prospect of impeaching Clinton for getting something they couldn't?

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada