[lit-ideas] Re: sigismundo and Hoffmanstahl

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2015 05:47:49 -0800

Adriano

In regard to Sigismundo . . . the idea that I might have wrought devastation
if I had applied myself to the military or politics is interesting, probably
safer to have left me in my (tower) library.  J

Hoffmanstahl's melancholy might be close to the mark, but only temporarily.
A friend has noticed that my writing tends to lose its melancholy flavor
when Spring arrives.

Lawrence