[lit-ideas] Re: selling babies

  • From: jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 12:38:26 -0400

HER mother was wrong, to name her Jesusa. I think that's
ungrammatical, even.<<

A mother sells her baby and JL worries about the grammatical
correctness of the child's name!

--- from your report, that was the name of the mother. The wretched creature:

""The mother, identified as Jesusa Molle, had initially pretended that her child had been snatched"

I thought it was cruel of Jesusa´s mother to have name the child (Jesusa) presumably after Jesus to have her (Jesusa) sell her baby without caring to baptise it first -- as my mother says, "Give a dog a bad name and bury it", with a vengeance. Ah well...

J. L. Speranza
Bordighera