[lit-ideas] Re: recipe for happiness

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 13:48:24 -0700

The Value of Suffering Project is pleased to open registration for an
interdisciplinary conference on Suffering and Reason.

What is suffering’s place in our rational lives? Contrary to the
traditional idea of suffering as an impediment to reason, we will
investigate the idea that, in fact, suffering has an important role to play
in supporting and assisting rational activity. We think it crucially
provides reasons for action and belief, but we also aim to explore a
further, neglected possibility: that suffering might respond to reason.

For more information, please visit our website:
http://www.valueofsuffering.co.uk/

<http://www.valueofsuffering.co.uk/>

Registration is £15 for student and £30 for staff, and includes tea and
coffee.
forwarded by Robert Paul