[lit-ideas] pond hockey

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 00:06:41 -0500

Lit-ideasers,

I'm not superstitious, but keep your fingers crossed as my team [of me and 4 highschool buddies] competes with over 90 teams in the masters version of the Canadian Pond Hockey Championship this weekend. http://www.canadapondhockey.ca/main/ We're nicknamed the "Flatliners" [it's an over 35 league donchaknow] and it's -19 C (now THAT's going to require a couple of layers at least) in Huntsville today, so we canajans will be more than comfy come tomorrow.

It's the first "vacation" I've taken since I biked around the same area 18 months ago -- thankfully in August. Some people go to "nice" places, but to me, as a fearless hoser, a four-day weekend skating on a frozen pond in February is a great break from the monotony of life. I'll let you know in a few days how we fared -- can you say "ninetieth"?

[insert pithy quote here]
Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Leamington, ON. Canada