[lit-ideas] Re: philosophical dreams

  • From: Paul Stone <pastone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 17:15:03 -0500

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Julie Krueger <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A comedian, known for his deadpan delivery and unusual perspectives .. think
> Gary Larson.

If you want to know what he looks like. He's the guy who played the
wry-humoured Video Store Clerk in the sitcom "mad about you".

He also played a mountie in Michael Moore's Hilarious
[non-documentary] "Canadian Bacon".

He also played 'the guy on the couch' with hardly a line in a stoner
movie called "half-baked"

and...

he, while we are on the subject of philosopohical dreams, he actually
did a very interesting short about 10 years ago called "One Soldier"
-- it's a black and white, very existentialist film.

He also won an Oscar for a short film in 1988, long before he was 'famous'.

I remember the first time I saw him on Letterman waaaaaaaaaaay back
and I think Dave described him as "different".