[lit-ideas] Re: philosophical dreams

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 15:54:19 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Wed, 14/1/09, Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: philosophical dreams
> To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Wednesday, 14 January, 2009, 3:01 PM
> I, too, used to have these myoclonic jerks all the time.
> Slipping from a ladder, as you say, or, more commonly for
> me, misstepping in a rowboat and almost tipping.  And, yes,
> they would wake me up with that little bit of dream
> attached.  Not for a while now, though.

Does myoclonic jerking off count? These episodes often seem to come with more
than a little bit of dream attached. Or are they - like dyslexia according to a
report today
[http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090114/tuk-dyslexia-a-cruel-fiction-says-mp-6323e80.html]
 - just a cruel fiction? And yes, not for a while now, though, either. (Or so I
say).

Donal
nr Strangeways