[lit-ideas] p. s. to Re: Re: Repent-or-Fry Miniseries

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 08:17:59 EDT

Consider for a moment how the interpretation of the book of R. by a Rabbi
schooled in Kaballism (the real thing, not the Madonna version), would differ
from that of Falwell, e.g.

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Repent-or-Fry
Miniseries  Date: 4/14/05 11:48:48 P.M. Central Daylight Time  From:
_eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If the Christian world would wake up,  realize that the book of
Revelations is a profoundly Kabbalistic Jewish  text, probably written by
an  Essene, it would do worlds of good for  Christian theology.

____

Good idea! I'll try to write a  gee-whiz article for Reader's Digest
advancing the most likely scholarly  thesis that "666" was a number code
for the Emperor Nero, and that sections  of Revelations were encoded to
prevent a messenger carrying the scroll, if  intercepted by Roman
soldiers, from being executed as a rebel.

The  Nero=666 idea is the most plausible decoding accepted by mainstream
theologians, so maybe Reader's D would bite....then all the Hollywood
fear mongers might try to sue me for "taking the fun out of scary
religion films." But at least I'd have my sixty  bucks.

EY