[lit-ideas] Re: outsourcing

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 16:44:25 -0700

on 7/15/04 8:50 PM, Paul Stone at pas@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> the words "flow chart" are echoed in our building (we're engineers) at
> least 25 times every day.

and Steve Cameron is

"storyboarding"

Flow charts, blow charts.
Storyboard, blearyboard.

The cutting edge person now uses "dashboard indicators" and "comprehensive
planning" within "running time frames" so:

a comprehensive plan [with] a five-year time frame running from the current
academic year...[which] outlines the key institutional areas for action and
the associated initiatives that will enable [you] to achieve the vision and
goals we have set for it

develop and use dashboard indicators for all management processes

A "dashboard indicator," is what used to be called "an executive summary," a
short version of a long document, one that tells you enough so that you may
know whether or not you want to read more.

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon