[lit-ideas] Re: okay, one last time

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 13:28:41 -0800

I agree, Irene.  A few years ago I was using an inferior email system.  I
can't remember its name, but it wasn't very good; so I would copy & paste
the message I wished to respond to into WordPerfect.  I would then write my
paste it back into the inferior email utility and send it.  I would then
delete the WordPerfect text without saving it.

This approach worked well from my standpoint.  I could do it fairly swiftly;
however someone with an older system complained that my messages appeared in
his inbox with strange code marks in them and did a couple of weird things
like convert " to ?, maybe I wouldn't have had that problem if I'd used Word
at the time, but I used WordPerfect.  I now use Microsoft Outlook which lets
me use the Word 2003 Word Processor to prepare messages - the best of both
worlds.

Lawrence